Create a Databricks Project Workspace
Audience: Project Owners and members
Content Summary: This tutorial configures a Databricks workspace.
Create a Databricks Workspace
Databricks Cluster Configuration
Before creating a workspace, the cluster must send its configuration to Immuta; to do this, run a simple query on the
show tables). Otherwise, an error message will occur when you attempt to create a workspace.
- Navigate to the Policies tab and enable Project Equalization by clicking the Project Equalization slider to on.
- Scroll to the Native Workspace section and click Create.
- Select Databricks from the Workspace Configuration dropdown menu.
- Opt to edit the sub-directory in the Workspace Directory field; this sub-directory auto-populates as the project name.
- Enter the Workspace Database Name.
- Click Create to enable the workspace.
Disabling or Deleting Workspaces
- Scroll to the Native Workspace section on the Policies tab and click the toggle to disable the workspace.
- Click Delete in the Native Workspace section.
Choose one of the following options in the modal:
- Purge Generic Workspace Data: permanently delete data, while the data used by derived data sources is preserved. Note: If you created a derived data source that references a view on top of a table in Snowflake that isn't a derived data source, that table will be deleted and break the derived data source.
- Purge Everything & Delete Derived Data Sources: permanently delete data and purge all derived data sources.